Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Too Forward?

Is it okay to be straight forward in relationships?  You tell me.  If you like someone should you ask them out?  In most cases, yes..get up that courage, and just do it!  However, if you feel like you will be shot down, and your not a total pessimist, save yourself the disappointment.

As college students, we all are faced with this question.  Is it okay for girls to ask guys out, and vice-versa.  I personally wouldn't ask a guy out, but hey, its 2008.  And for guys, get up that courage, who knows, the hottie in your class may dig you too. 
 
If you're a girl, and you know the guy is too shy, suggest an activity to do together, so it's not like you're asking him on a date.  If I were you, I wouldn't advice dinners or movies, that's an automatic "date".  Word it in a way where he thinks you two are just "hanging out", and see where it goes.

Nothing is wrong with asking, but trust your gut feeling that the person may be interested in you too!


4 comments:

SaM-1 said...

Hey, if I'm diggin' a dude, I'm going to let him know that. Probably not necessarily by saying "hey, I like you alot" but more like saying "you know, we can definitely hang out more often." Of course, before making that move I'd definitely have to scope out that he's diggin' me too.

You're right though...suggesting a dinner or a movie means let's go on a date. Great advice!!

Sarah MacDonald said...

girl power! :) i completely agree. if any girl is faced with the dilemma of whether or not to ask out a guy, i would hope she puts all doubts aside and just goes for it!

there is definitly no harm in asking a guy to study, or do some homework in the library. it's a very public place and that way you can find out whether he's been keeping up in class or not, haha.

carolina magic said...

Well, here's my take on this whole asking out bit:

When you get older, you get to be more in a carpe diem mode of behavior. That means (to me) that you really hear the old clock a tickin', and so you just come direct to the point.

Down side of this is that I'm too brusque. I know that, and I'm working on it. But being direct (or overly so) seems to be in my DNA.

I might really get wild if J-Lo came to town.

Zade said...

Here here! When it comes to asking people out, I have total confidence in myself to ask a girl I like out. Unlike high school, I have learned that better chances if you just go for it than say you didn't do something because you were TOO SHY.